September 6, 2008

Dublin to Digby in 12 hrs flat

Leaving Ireland alone for Nova Scotia entailed a bit of a brain-tweaking process that began with a lonely and dark 5am left-hand drive to Dublin – followed by a flight to Heathrow, another flight to Halifax and finishing with a long and tedious 3 hr right-handed drive to Digby. The last drive had a bit of a surreal edge as I passed a series of boasting road signs: ‘Birthplace of Hockey’, 'Home of Canadian Soccer', ‘Apple Capital of Nova Scotia’, and ‘Scallop Capital of the World’. Along the way, I felt sad and not at all ready for my European adventures to be over. I found myself talking out loud to my ancestors and asking them what I should do here.

2 comments:

Katie and Emir said...

Hey if all else fails you can eat scallops and apples, and watch some hockey :>

Katie and Emir said...

ps - now might be the time to open the second envelope if you haven't already...